Selecting the best organic grapes, the Monastrell and Merlot varieties are vinified in a traditional and separate way in order to extract the typical characteristics of each variety. The Merlot gives to the coupage aromas of pepper, black fruit and truffle, while the Monastrell brings to the wine the warmth of our Mediterranean climate, making it fruity and smooth. The third variety that makes this wine so special is the Alicante Bouschet, also called Garnacha Tintorera, known for giving tannic wines and a very intense color.
To extract all the fruit possible, it is harvested early and special yeasts are selected to support the fruit character of this variety. The skins and pips are macerated with the wine at low temperatures for a short period of time (as with rosé wines) so that the tannins are not excessive. As a result you get a wine of a fabulous ruby color accompanied by intense fruit aromas and soft ripe tannins.
Winery: La Bodega de Pinoso
Brand: Organic red wine
Type: Red wine
ABV: 14,5% vol.
Variety: Monastrell, Merlot and Alicante Bouschet
Capacity: 75 cl
Appearance: Intense red color presents youth denotations with violet and clean violet trim of medium intensity.
Nose: It is very fruity, with red and black fruit mixed with sweet aromas of flowers.
Palate: Round, warm and easy to drink with a good finish, and a very pleasant post taste.
Pairing: Red and white meats, blue fish, stews, pasta and rice dishes, soft cheeses.
Best served at: 15 – 17ºC
- GUÍA PEÑÍN 2013 – 89 Points.
- BEST OF SPAIN IN GERMANY 2010: 91 Points
- BRONZE MEDAL – II Spanish Wine for Asia (Hong Kong) 2010
- SILVER MEDAL – AWC Vienna (Austria) 2009
- SILVER STAR – Ciudad de Estella (Spain) 2010
- 3 STARS – Premium Select Wine Challenge Prowein (Germany) 2011
- SILVER MEDAL – International Wine Guide 2011
- SILVER MEDAL – Challenge Millésime Bio 2013